HintsMaster | Sep 8, 2018 | 0
Born Today- 5th September in History, Teacher’s Day in India
First of All 5th September – Happy Teacher’s Day to ‘all Inspiring Great Teachers’ . It won’t be a over statement that Your Contribution to the Growth of a Person is equal to his/ her parents.
Born Today 5th September 1888: Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, India’s Second President
So Why This Day is celebrated as Teachers’ Day in India. Because on 5th September 1988 India’s second President and its one of the greatest son Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan was born.
He (5 September 1888 – 17 April 1975) was an Indian philosopher and statesman who was the first Vice President of India (1952–1962) and the second President of India from 1962 to 1967.
Why 5th September as Teacher’s Day in India
It is said that When he became the President of India, some of his students and friends requested him to allow them to celebrate his birthday, on 5 September. He replied,
Instead of celebrating my birthday, it would be my proud privilege if September 5th is observed as Teachers’ Day.Wikipedia
BirthDay Today of Famous Celebrities / Famous People Born Today ( Freddie Mercury)
- 1996 – Sigrid, Norwegian singer
- Michael Keaton. Rose McGowan
- 1986 – Pragyan Ojha, Indian cricketer
- 1946 – Freddie Mercury, Tanzanian-English singer-songwriter and producer (d. 1991)
- 1725 – Jean-Étienne Montucla, French mathematician and theorist
John Wisden’s 192th Birthday
John Wisden was an English cricketer who played 187 first-class cricket matches for three English county cricket teams, Kent, Middlesex and Sussex. He is now best known for launching the eponymous Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack in 1864, the year after he retired from first-class cricket. Source -Wikipedia.
5th September in History
- 1975 – Sacramento, California: Lynette Fromme attempts to assassinate U.S. President Gerald Ford.
- 1977 – Voyager Program: NASA launches the Voyager 1 spacecraft.
- 1978 – Camp David Accords: Menachem Begin and Anwar Sadat begin peace discussions at Camp David, Maryland.
- 1980 – The Gotthard Road Tunnel opens in Switzerland as the world’s longest highway tunnel at 10.14 miles (16.32 km) stretching from Göschenen to Airolo.
- 1984 – STS-41-D: The Space Shuttle Discovery lands after its maiden voyage.